Rhino Liner? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2003, 02:21 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Rhino Liner?

Hows it goin? I was just wondering if it would be worth it or even possible to have something like Rhino Liner sprayed onto the undercarriage of my car. I have a 1967 chevy camaro that i'm restoring from the ground up so no problems about taking stuff off to do it or anything like that. I just thought it might be a good idea. Any ideas or comments on my idea would be great. Everyone have a good one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2003, 02:46 PM

Last photo:

I have some sort of stuff like that .. that was sprayed under the body on my truck.. if u ask me.. it sux.. thers some bolts that are coverd with that crap that i cant remove to get some panels off.. so if u ask me it sux.. but its up to you.. if u want it.. then go for it..

Nos
Old 09-14-2003, 08:32 PM
Tomorrow Will Be a Better Day

Last photo:

I used a roller applied bedliner on the bottom of my '32.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	body & frame 195.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	260  
Old 09-15-2003, 02:39 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

it's been recommended to do that. you should removed anything that's ever gonna be removed before hand. you can buy gallon cans of it and roll it on. i asked the line-x guy about it and he acted like i just landed from pluto. i ended up with the spray on rubberized undercoating instead. those gallon cans are close to a hundred bucks! and it takes about 3 coats i heard to equal a good line x job
Old 09-15-2003, 06:45 PM
adtkart@aol.com

Last photo:

Hey 32... Must have been fun convincing that thing to play dead for that picture Also is that a glass floor? I was wondering what extent I need to go to before using that stuff. Does it only need primer, or complete paint? I know that they put it over paint in the truck beds. Just wonder if it would work over plain metal or primer.

Bull... If you look at the Rhino liners, they are real thick. I think that is for throwing engines and stuff like that on them and not damaging them. I've seen guys really trying to mess them up so they could say they did. I would think that 1 heavy or maybe 2 light coats would protect the bottom of a car. That's what I am hopeing to do with mine.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:30 PM
Tomorrow Will Be a Better Day

Last photo:

Training it to play dead wasn't so hard to do after I got it to roll over. Doesn't Jay Leno have stupid pet tricks? I'm thinking I could get on his show with stupid car tricks.

The whole body is glass including the floor. Not sure what you would do on metal, but I just scuffed the glass and applied the bedliner. No primer or anything.
Old 09-16-2003, 08:27 AM
Blue Jay Racing

Last photo:

I put the roll in on the bed of my truck. I scuffed it, wiped it down, and two-coated it. I also masked the bolt heads to the gate handle so that I could get them off later.

I used about 3 quarts for two coats on the bed. I think that two coats would be plenty for under car. I'm not sure if I would try a single heavy coat, as it seemed to spread/cover better with two.

Just my .02.
Old 09-16-2003, 08:03 PM

So it sounds as if most of ya think its a good idea if its done right then. I was really just worried about heat from the exhuast. I didn't know what that stuff would stand up to or even it woudl be worth the cost. But thanxs for all the information you guys have given me!

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.