Hot Rod Forum banner

RHS-Brodix-Profiler ?

7K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  cdminter59 
#1 ·
Wondering if i can get some opinions on heads for my SBC 350.
I am looking at the RHS Pro Action , Brodix IK180, Profiler 23* 180 cc.

I would like to keep the heads between 70 -72 cc. I looked at AFR but only offer 65 or 75cc not what i want. I'm a little nervous about profiler heads, read a few post that said wait time was very long.

So out of these 3 heads what would be a good choice?

Thanks.

#2 ·
Don't feel nervous about the Profilers. They are a quality head that can be considered borderline budget. All 3 3 of the manufacturers you mentioned produce a better than average quality street head. If you need an iron head, then the RHS is tough to beat.

How about some application info. If you are you are looking for a high RPM, big flow nitrous or turbo driven head, then I'd be aiming at the Brodix if your budget allows. Personally, I don't think Brodix markets anything that is a turd. My engne guy swears by them, but they are mostly large, 220+cc. The IK's are a solid head that won't disappoint that are designed for more of a hot street application that will put you well beyond a stock head. I'm running a set of Profiler 185s on a 331 that are not even remotely disappointing.

For a street application I would not hesitate to buy a set of ProMaxx, RHS or Jegs (made by Profiler).

Again, application and budget needed to make a better decision.

#7 ·
A former member here was a huge RHS fan (Richard). I'm sure you won't gp wrong with any of the three. Make sure you tell them your intended use. I.E. a 180 is plenty large enough for a 5-550 rom build, but if you are building something that will run 6500, then a 200-210cc runner is inorder.

Good luck - Jim

#8 ·
I ran that exact cam with a set of rhs 180cc pro action iron heads and they were nice and the only reason I sold mine was because even though they were straight spark plugs going out they on those heads I had they angled straight down for some reason and it hit my number one and number two cylinder header pipes on my s10 and I did not like the fact I would have to cut and reweld the header tubes each time I would have to replace them as I am not wanting to have to weld etc and like to make things bolt on as much as possible so I swapped out for a set of dart shp 180cc heads are they are good heads as well. I would have loved to keep the rhs heads but did what was best for me.

If you get the rhs iron heads you won't be disappointed and also a word of note if you do get them and decide to use arp head bolts make sure to get the ones listed on the instruction sheet.

I did not and thought a set of regular set of arp head bolts that work on must factory and after market heads such as world product and dart etc would work and they did not and were not long enough for the rhs heads and ended up stripping out one of my head bolt threads in my block. The rhs heads have really extra thick decks compared to factory and world etc. They are good quality.

#13 ·
If I was buying new aluminum heads my 1st choice would be Pro-Filers. If you are not revving over 6000 rpm I would choose the 180 intake ports. If you think later in a couple years you might want to build a 383 cid engine get the 195cc intake ports. Remember to order straight spark plugs. I would order a bare set for $950 and order the valve springs with the camshaft as a kit. That's something I didn't think about when I bought my Edelbrock Performer RPM heads. Then I had to buy valve springs to match my roller camshaft. My second choice would be the Brodix's. The reason I haven't chose the RHS heads is they do not have straight spark plug holes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.