Hot Rod Forum banner

Rim and tire size needed

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  tm454 
#1 · (Edited)
I have decided on a set of American Racing Torq Thrust II's for my 1953 Ford F-100 truck. I am interested in a 15 inch rim. What width should I go with. They have one rim that is 7 inches wide and the other is 8.5. What tire size do you think would go with each width?

Thanks for your help.

P.S. I forgot to mention that this vehicle is currently in the process of a frame-off restoration. With that in mind, I am unable to measure any clearances. So, if you have any experience with the 53-56 Ford F-100's (with a mustang II front end), please let me know what should fit. Thanks

#2 ·
;)

IMHO............it is better to wait and buy wheels after the vehicle is up and almost finished........

The fit can be measured and a lot of times......your taste and vision changes.......

DEUCE.....

#3 ·
ya gotta admit...

What Deuce said makes a lot of sense. Unless you find a guy with a 53-56 Ford F-100 already built and can ask him wheel offset and width questions wait till your ready to put the wheels on to decide what you need then take some measurements. In my experience the 8.5" wheels will give you a low wide look the 7" is for more of the stocker look. Personally I like the 7" wide wheels up front and the 10" wide wheels in the rear.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.