RIP Cpl. Derek C. Dixon - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2007, 10:37 PM
A Half Crippled Old SOB....

Last wiki edit: GM RPO build codes Last photo:
Location: Cahokia,IL..... Donate Blood Products & Sign your DONORS CARD
Wiki Edits: 5

RIP Cpl. Derek C. Dixon

I find it very odd & sad that only that only 21 people have looked at the original post(2 are mine) when posted in the Off Topic section of the board(maybe its because no one looks there). A young man loses his life doing something he believed in & it's almost as though it seems no one cares. Regardless of what your feeling are about the war this Marines not only deserves your respect but it is owed to him.
RIP Cpl. Derek C. Dixon.

The only thing I ask is keep the political garbage out of this post PLEASE....joe

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2007, 05:13 AM
NEVER SATISFIED !!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I think we all respect the solders that are fighting for the freedom that we ALL enjoy. When I first read your post yesterday, I didn't know how to reply. The post was in the Off Topic site and the lack of replies made me angry.
No matter how a young man dies, he is gone forever. He's Not coming back. Family and friends are hurting and will miss him.
It's time for Hotrodders world-wide to respond with thoughts and concern.
It's important to honor all fallen solders.

RIP Derek C. Dixon

454 RATTLER
Old 06-29-2007, 05:52 AM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

People have not lost respect for our soldiers they have lost respect in the government but wont stand up & say so for fear of persecution .
I am sick of hearing about the sense less murders on every side.

This war is a non winner {as every war} NO ONE WINS ever! & the "enemy" is breading brand new soldiers that hate out guts from birth.
Plus they get to make up their own rules as they go.

Heart felt sympathies to all soldiers dead & to be killed but how can you mention a political war with out saying politics?

The whole thing reeks of waste

wasted time, money & Lives.

Sorry for your loss

R

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Old 06-29-2007, 07:36 AM
Takes Guts To Cut One Up

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMany2count
I find it very odd & sad that only that only 21 people have looked at the original post(2 are mine) when posted in the Off Topic section of the board(maybe its because no one looks there). A young man loses his life doing something he believed in & it's almost as though it seems no one cares. Regardless of what your feeling are about the war this Marines not only deserves your respect but it is owed to him.
RIP Cpl. Derek C. Dixon.

The only thing I ask is keep the political garbage out of this post PLEASE....joe
I understand and with all due respect it is not that surprising since people come to this list for a positive experience and discussions about their hobbies and passions. My sympathy goes to you and the family but the hotrodder bulletin board may not generate the largest feedback to the loss of one of Americas Heros since it is a hobby related board Sorry!
Old 06-29-2007, 08:43 AM

Last photo:

Joe, I'd read your post at SBP and here. I didn't comment for several reasons and I hope you don't take this the wrong way that I do now comment, but there really wasn't much most people can say IMHO. It's unfair to expect that everyone would post. I'd say most didn't post out of respect and not wishing to turn it into a political debate.

Pro or anti-war has nothing to do with support for troops or regrets when someone loses his life in service for his country. But I nor I would guess 99% of the members here knew this brave young man and to me it would be a little shallow to simply make a meaningless post in the other thread you had started. I realize he meant a lot to you and I am sorry you've experienced a loss.

As of today I believe the total number killed in Iraq totals some 3861 with 3577 being from the USA. They ALL have earned my respect and I regret that any family has to endure that kind of suffering.

Yet, it's hard to keep political sentiments out of this kind of discussion when one is not personally affected. Obviously Cpl Dixon had strong enough convictions in his beliefs about Iraq to volunteer his services even knowing that he might pay the ultimate sacrifice. As with the 3860 others who have paid with their lives in this war of debatable justification, their families have my sympathies.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:27 AM
1955 2nd series Chevy Pick Up

Last journal entry: Body work and U bolts
Last photo:

With all due respect, I read your post on hamb, somethings are hard to respond to. I myself look up to these fine young men and women who serve our country. It is with great respect that some of us remain silent. Words can not say how much we love them and pray for there well being as they do their job.

(I have a box that is getting fuller each day to send to the unit full of goodies and stuff we think they might enjoy. It will probably go out in mid July.)
Old 06-29-2007, 09:49 AM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

Quote:
People have not lost respect for our soldiers they have lost respect in the government but wont stand up & say so for fear of persecution .
I am sorry for anyone that has lost their life over there. The men and women are doing what they are told...to fight for our country. I also feel like Rob does to a certain extent. I don't know if I speak for no one or many but I do not condone this war. We went into it and most Americans felt that it was not going to be won and more and more feel that way now. The government was told it was going to be a no win. The Iraqis cannot fight their own fight on their own turf. Then it was on the news the other night that 26,000 of our soldiers has been injured. After what I seen on television a few months ago at one hospital, the soldiers (our men and women) that have been injured that have no legs, no arms, half a face or hardly a face at all, families separated, families lost, etc. it makes you wonder who is the lucky ones. The ones that did not make it back or the ones that did that are maimed for the rest of their lives. At one point we fight for freedom and it seems like the next point we fight for our government that has a personal goal in it and it is not for our benefit. But enough ranting as it is pointless. I do feel for anyone that has lost their life and also feel sorrow for the families that have lost that loved one.

Kevin
Old 06-29-2007, 07:45 PM
The Smell of Nitro in the morn

Last wiki edit: How to adjust valves Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Semper Fi
Old 06-29-2007, 08:08 PM
Envirominded hotrodder

Last journal entry: Stupid broken leg
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Keller
I am sick of hearing about the sense less murders on every side.

This war is a non winner {as every war} NO ONE WINS ever! & the "enemy" is breading brand new soldiers that hate out guts from birth.
Plus they get to make up their own rules as they go.

Heart felt sympathies to all soldiers dead & to be killed but how can you mention a political war with out saying politics?

The whole thing reeks of waste

wasted time, money & Lives.

Sorry for your loss

R
It's because of posts like these that people like me don't post in them. I've served for ten years so far. I've offered my life for my country, or more specifically, for the PEOPLE in this country. My life for their will. Just like Cpl. Dixon. He had to pay the price that all of us in the uniformed services agree too.

So when you only get 2 posts in 12 hours, it's because the people like me, the people who've been there or at least the people who really care, are sick of reading through the same political opinion crap over and over again. It really hurts us to hear someone say "Your friend is dead and you can't win".

To Cpl Dixon;

Fair Winds Marine. You've got the high ground now. Remember to watch over us.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:50 PM

Last journal entry: 2 photoshoots.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

I stopped to shoot pool on the way home today. It had been a month since I had stopped in. I ran into a friend and we shot a game before he left. After he was gone, someone told me his oldest son had died over there. I could think of anything to say. I'm burned out on it.

As a veteran myself, I have the greatest respect for the people over there, but I'm numb. I visit the vets at the hospital and I give blood. I do not keep a body count and I have cried all my tears. Now, I just hope and pray that it ends soon. That's all I can do.

When that SITUATION over there becomes a soldiers war, instead of a political agenda, it will be over.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:37 AM
A Half Crippled Old SOB....

Last wiki edit: GM RPO build codes Last photo:
Location: Cahokia,IL..... Donate Blood Products & Sign your DONORS CARD
Wiki Edits: 5

sorry folks I was just upset because I knew this young man & it hit close to home. I apologize to everyone for my comments && completely understand why some folks didn't or haven't posted...joe
Old 06-30-2007, 02:25 PM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambassador of 'Pane
It's because of posts like these that people like me don't post in them. I've served for ten years so far. I've offered my life for my country, or more specifically, for the PEOPLE in this country. My life for their will. Just like Cpl. Dixon. He had to pay the price that all of us in the uniformed services agree too.

So when you only get 2 posts in 12 hours, it's because the people like me, the people who've been there or at least the people who really care, are sick of reading through the same political opinion crap over and over again. It really hurts us to hear someone say "Your friend is dead and you can't win".

To Cpl Dixon;

Fair Winds Marine. You've got the high ground now. Remember to watch over us.
I have the up most respect for EVERYONE who puts on a uniform & goes to work & to me its the " well my opinion won't matter" that has let the pencil pushers to be able to kill soldiers for what?

This place is one of many different forms of free speech ,Thats one of the things they are fighting for .RIGHT?

So if you got something to say, say it.
Maybe we will agree ,maybe we won't but either way I respect your right to voice your opinion.

Possibly we might be able to find a solution.

I want to see the Suits trade up for fatigues & get their arses out in the dessert, ducking bullets & land mines.

too many to count

They all hit too close to home ,each name has a family & is dear to some one some where.

It's getting closer & more personal each & everyday I hope time heals your pain as best it can.

R

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Old 07-04-2007, 08:25 AM
Crazy Ole Ironhead

Last photo:

Bump

I just wanted to Bump this post back up for today..its the 4th of july,our day of celebration for our freedom and if it wasnt for our freedom fighters we wouldnt be having this day...
My prayers and rememberance to ALL our soldiers in past and current duty and lost loved ones.......
Old 07-04-2007, 09:31 AM
im on a highway to hell

Last journal entry: new wheels and seats
Last photo:

i am also truly saddened when i hear of another soldiers death and i hope they can all come home soon.

i here what you say Joe and completely understand what your saying.

just as a point of view i'll say this, during the average day between the news, people i work with and lust the majority of people i interact with on a daily basis i'm constantly reminded of all the crappy things that go on day to day. coming to this site is one of the ways i escape the every day things that bombard me and just try to enjoy my love of cars. i stay away from the majority of all the political discussions and talk about cars or just silly nonsense because its fun (members who have been around here longer than three or four years know this.) so its not from lack of respect or indifference there are many time that i pay homage or tribute to our fine fighting men. i guess this is just my place to come and avoid the every day world. i'm now officially stepping off my soap box.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.