Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rochester to Holley
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 04:49 AM
Analog man in a digital world.

Last journal entry: HEI comparison.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8art
Hmmmm......I think you are right about not throwing it away. The guy I bought the truck from evidently used sompthin to seal it up (wherever it was leaking from) I soaked it in carb dip, and put in a rebuild kit. (I shouldn't have) Ever since that, I could strain spagetti through it. The float bowl can't keep up with the the out flow I spose if I could tell exactly where the leak was; it could be sealed; but it seems like it's coming from everywhere! Through the linkage; through the side of the body; all over. I'll tell ya what; if the Holley solves the problem; when I sell the truck; I'll give you the Q-jet (if you pay the postage that is)
Every Q-Jet I have torn apart with your problem has been leaking at the well plug, if carb cleaner washed out what the other guy put in then he put in the wrong stuff or didn't clean it and let it dry properly. J-B Weld works darn good but the carb body has to be CLEAN and DRY. Good luck and I'll take you up on that if you decide not to fix it. As far as the fuel coming out elsewhere that is probably a direct result of the well plug problem.