This post specifically deals with the disassembly step only. I have already dipped and cleaned the carburetor and applied a coat of powder coating. I will post the pictures for those steps at a later time. This way, the members have a chance to comment on the disassembly portion first. Please do point out anything that doesn't look right or I should focus on before reassembly. Thanks!
- Disassembly -
During this stage, I kept the camera close and handy. There are lots of little parts and linkages to track. Not much to mention here except I did my best to keep track of everything that was disassembled.
In retrospect, someone with a memory as bad as mine might do well to take notes as well. Also, try to do all this in a close time frame if possible (no long breaks in between). That way, one is more likely to have a good memory of how everything gets put back together. Lesson learned
Below are the pictures of everything as it was taken apart. If anything is incorrectly labeled, please do point it out.
Several members suggested that cookie pans be used to separate parts. I ended up using an egg cartoon that was sitting around to organize the parts (not dip and clean).
For you audio/visual people, I used the following Youtube videos as guides: Rebuild Part 2
, Part 3
, and Part 4