Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rochester Quadrajet 4MV Carburetor: Removal, Disassembly, Rebuild (Rookie Level)
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 12:20 PM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

- Cleaning -

**NOTE: Use gloves, goggles and a full-sleeved shirt in a ventilated place when dealing with any chemicals. The dip will make it hard to breathe at times. Parts can also slip and fall back into the dip, which can splash onto your hands. Lesson learned.

The following steps were used in the cleaning process:

1. Dip all parts in Chem-Dip and allow to soak. I used a small baking tray within a larger one to avoid any spills or mess. I placed the smaller parts directly into the Chem-Dip can using the included plastic strainer

2. Clean parts using a cleaning brush.

3. Clean off the dip using a can of carb cleaner .

4. Wash off all parts with water.

5. Scrub and dry parts using rags/Shop Towels.

6. Scrape off the gunk at the bottom of the float bowl. I used a large flat screw driver, with the tip covered using a shop towel to avoid any scratches.

7. Bake parts in a dedicated oven (not used for baking) for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. This supposedly allows debris hidden in pores to come out. It also allows to properly clean a metal surface before powder coating.

8. Clean parts using acetone and rags/Shop Towels.