Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rochester Quadrajet 4MV Carburetor: Removal, Disassembly, Rebuild (Rookie Level)
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 01:57 PM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Hey Josh,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh dalrymple
the best advise i can give u is trash your quadrajunk. ive got one in a million peaces on my back porch that can tell the story of endless nightmares. they are the best carbs to have when thet work good but once the go bad its damn near impossible to get them right again. get yourself an edelbrock, u wont regreat it. if your quadrajet meens something to you then fix it, i got tons of parts lol
Lol! My original thought was to ditch the Qjet as well and throw on a Holley I've got sitting around. But after several people mentioned that this setup will indeed be the best one - once its properly tuned - it just seemed like a good opportunity to learn something new and get over my fear of carburetors (and we all fear what we don't understand). While everything has been pretty much smooth sailing so far, due in large part to all the help from the members of this forum, I hit my first bump in the road with the power piston. But if anything makes me nervous now, it is definitely the tuning.

How many parts you got? I just may tackle another one lol!

-------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327
The best tool for this job is the blunt end of a #70 drill bit.

Click on image for the site the image is from. Hobby shops also carry these small bits. The common sets range from #61 (0.039") to #80 (0.0135").
Sweet! I'm sure I can pick it up localy. Thank you for your continued help Cobalt!