Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rochester Quadrajet 4MV Carburetor: Removal, Disassembly, Rebuild (Rookie Level)
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 12:59 AM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

- Idle Screws -

I went ahead and reinstalled the two idle mixture screws and the idle adjusting screw. I put them back in the same length they were before assembly by mtaching them up with the pictures. Not the most accurate way, but it is a start.

--------------------

- Completed Carburetor -

This concludes the rebuild. Endless thanks to everyone who helped get this far.

Tomorrow, I should have the carburetor installed back on the truck and begin tuning it. Due to the fact the truck this carburetor is being used in was having fuel delivery and ignition problems, I am debating whether I should continue covering the tuning portion on that thread (1977 Chevrolet K10 - Starting Problems, Weak Idle and Power Loss). My reasoning is that, because the truck was having issues that eventually led to the carburetor needing the rebuild, it may not be appropriate for this thread, since the issues will be specific for my truck. However, if anyone feels otherwise, please do mention it.

Any tips and tricks on what to look out for and expect when tuning are greatly appreciated.