Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rochester Quadrajet 4MV Carburetor: Removal, Disassembly, Rebuild (Rookie Level)
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 05:19 PM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8&4spd
That red carb must really set off the smog police. They notice anything that does not look stock. It might be a good idea to have a extra carb when you get it smogged. No smog here, anything goes.
Oh it is getting ridiculous with smog here. I remember "Hot Rod" did an article a few months back back about the California Air Regulatory Board (C.A.R.B.). The writers held a meeting with them about smogging their Crusher Camaro with a newer engine back in the 90's. Long story short, although the Camaro put out excellent emissions results with the newer motor (comparable to the modern cars of the time), the boys at CARB said that the smog shops would lose money if the visual inspection portion was eliminated.

As for me, the biggest concern is not having an EGR and, as cobalt327 pointed out, I need to look up whether it came with one or not.