Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rochester Quadrajet 4MV Carburetor: Removal, Disassembly, Rebuild (Rookie Level)
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 09:32 AM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75gmck25
Make sure you are using the right emissions diagram for the model of your truck.

What is the GVWR of your truck (its on the data plate inside the driver's door). Its probably a 1/2 ton with standard emissions, but if its a 3/4 ton with a GVWR over about 8000 lbs the emissions may be different. Make sure you are using the right emissions diagram for your truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327
I barked up this tree, too. Thanks for the reaffirmation.

I recall this being a C20, I think. So it's more than a 1/2 ton. How much more would be what I would want to know.
My apologies guys. Actually, there are two threads related to this truck (click here for the other one), and I tried my best to keep the two separate, with this one focusing simply on the carburetor's rebuild and the other one dealing with the truck's specific problems. But this thread has now gone beyond that and both threads are being updated daily so I sometimes get mixed up about what I may have posted where. I swear I'm not trying to make this into a "guess my emissions setup" contest lol!

I posted in the other thread that the truck does not have the emissions label under the hood, and also linked to a set of diagrams from Chilton's online that are essentially the same as what V8&4spd posted earlier.

I went to look for the data plate but did not find one. Below is what I did find. The blocked out portion is the vehicle's VIN. Does this provide any info?

As always, thank you for the continued help