Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rochester Quadrajet 4MV Carburetor: Removal, Disassembly, Rebuild (Rookie Level)
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 12:44 PM
"But how do it know?"
Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Glad you asked about this kikkegek. I've wondering about how to set this up myself.

Originally Posted by cobalt327
No photos showed in your post.

While the "Best" set up shown above may well be the best, the "Better" image shows a set up that is (IMO) 90% as good as the Best set up. It's easier to do, and only requires that the return springs be attached forward of the throttle cable/linkage attachment point.

Always use a dual return spring- a "spring inside a spring" as used by many OEM's is an excellent type of return spring to use.

Below is a simple $9.00 spring and bracket sold by Mr. Gasket (P/N 720-19) that might work in your situation, and shows the type of spring to use:

Hey cobalt327,

Does the bracket mount in a specific place or does a hole have to be drilled in a specific place to install it? Or if that's too much work, would the setup pictured below be a better choice? It is a manifold-mount universal set up (attached are the installation instructions in pdf). I couldn't find one that was Q-Jet specific on Summit.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf mor-64925.pdf (256.6 KB, 110 views)