Hot Rod Forum banner

Rocker markings??

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  snakey 
#1 ·
Hello all I am new to this so here goes.....I am trying to put a freshly machined 318 together and just rec'd it back from the machine shop.....I am at a stage where i am putting the rockers back together and the more i read the more things tell me that I should be putting the rods and rockers back in the same spot they came from?? Well mine came back in a box..go figure. Here is the issue Some of the rockers are marked RT (i will assume right) some are marked RH (right hand??) does it matter??? Please help as the warm weather is fast approaching :(

#6 ·
There are definitely left and right offsets on the early LA small block Mopar rocker arms. I'm not sure right now on what the stampings mean what but if you hold them up and look down at them from the backside you'll notice that the valve ends are all the same but the pushrod cups are offset either left or right. When you slide them onto the rocker shafts they must go on in a certain order so that the pushrods don't hit the heads.

#7 ·
rockers

As Bill has stated there are left and right rockers.
Look close at the push rod cup and you will see the different locations. Then i would make sure you have 8 of each hand. Go over to the engine and you will see that you have a pattern starting with the exhaust valve then 2 intakes side by side then 2 exhaust side by side then 2 intakes then one exhaust.Slide the rockers onto the shaft so that the correct offset lines up with the correct valve location... I am not positive but i think if you get them on wrong the push rod will rub the head.... So pay attention to what you are doing..

keith

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.