Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rockers are hitting Retainers....??
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Stroke Meister

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I don't know what you have going on, but I've run 1.625 springs on sbc's with nothing like what you have there. Please note everything you have, from valve to cam - all parts used. Also, show the entire rocker in one of those side shots. How are you determining your pushrod length? I had a sbc dart headed mill that used an 8.2" for correct geometry.
Quote:
+0.100 valve were to get close to the correct spring installed height
When you move the valve tip up (+.100), the rocker stud and valve tip move towards each other - they are not parallel. This means you have to move the trunion up higher for geometry to be right, also moving the rocker body closer to the valve and it's associated hardware. What installed height do you currently have, and how far from coil bind are you at max lift? What springs? do you have?
Quote:
looks like I will need to take quite a bit off the rockers or get something slimmer in the trunion area...
or a smaller diameter spring like these about $150 you'd be in the clear aside from the geometry thing.

Last edited by Stroke; 07-02-2008 at 10:44 PM.