Rod Parts Warehouse - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2008, 07:22 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Rod Parts Warehouse

My experience with Rod Parts Warehouse has been very disappointing. I ordered an a/c setup from him on Feb. 29th. I received everything except the condenser in a reasonable amount of time, but after 3 weeks I hadn't received the evaporator. I called him and he suggested that I be patient. I waited another week and called him again, he said that he didn't have time to check to see where my order was and that he is on the phone 40 hours a week and doesn't have time to follow up on orders. He suggested that I call the manufacturer myself. I called the manufacturer and was told they don't have an order for me. I called him back and he said that he sent the order in and that their fax machine must have run out of paper. He didn't apologize for the screw up, refused to call me and let me know that he took care of getting my order to the manufacturer. I guess what I'm saying is that if you deal with Rod Parts Warehouse, don't expect to get any customer service. I won't be ordering anything from him again or recommending him to anyone else.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2008, 10:33 AM

Last photo:

Sounds like they're just a middle-man. Could be just one guy with a phone. I've seen a lot of complaints about them on various forums.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:27 PM

Last photo:

rod parts warehouse

Glad I did not buy from him.After one phone call inquiry on ac kit I found out what a smart&*& he was.I paid a few more bucks bought Vintage air from the local rod shop here.Hopefully others will see this thread and avoid him also.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:13 AM

Last journal entry: 351W rebuild
Last photo:

Hi,
How about putting your experience with RPW in the Company Reviews section here, so more people are saved the aggravation of dealing with this jerk.
Take care,
Rich
Old 04-13-2008, 10:49 AM

Last photo:

Well, it's been six weeks and I still haven't received the evap unit. I called the mfg, he said it was ready but Jay at Rod Parts Warehouse hadn't send his credit card info. I called Jay and he was very argumentative when I asked him to please fax it to them so they could get it out that day on UPS. At first he said he would do it later that afternoon then finally said that he would get it to them in time to make the UPS shipment. I'll call Monday to check on it but not holding much hope that he did it. I guess it is a valuable lesson that I have learned. The lowest cost isn't always the best choice.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Lost in the 60's

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Look up near the top of the page on the right hand side....click where it says Company Reviews and make a post about this....that way other folks can see your review and take heed.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:35 PM

Last photo:

I already asked that he be added, just hasn't shown up yet.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:30 PM
B,Pope

Rodparts Warehouse has been real good for us. We never had this issue with them at all. If a part is late it is usually due to manufacture delays. We get that from all of the suppliers we use. In my experience, most derogatory comments come from very unreasonable people. Most people do the best thay can with what they have, if not, go to the owner or manager and get it resolved. The wrong thing to do is to try to ruin the business in retaliation. Trying to hurt someone in anger is always the childish thing to do. It still surprises me how far someone will go to hurt others they don't even know. Let it go and get on with your life. It is never resonable to expect others to always live up to our standards, that's our box that we put them in. Good luck on your next venture and keep it cool. Life is too short.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Last photo:

Maybe so Bobby, but this jerk sounds like a real charlatan who needs a lesson in business 101. Sounds to me like he is just a phone or web site front company with no inventory who takes in orders then has the manufactures ship to his customers. These operations either need to get it together and provide a customer orientated service or they need to dry up and blow away, and this site is but one avenue to get the word out on them

Vince
Old 10-21-2010, 01:00 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 Z28
Maybe so Bobby, but this jerk sounds like a real charlatan who needs a lesson in business 101. Sounds to me like he is just a phone or web site front company with no inventory who takes in orders then has the manufactures ship to his customers. These operations either need to get it together and provide a customer orientated service or they need to dry up and blow away, and this site is but one avenue to get the word out on them

Vince

I have spent about $2000 with Rodparts Warehouse some experiences where good and the last was bad. I will avoid him in the future. as said above HE CAN NOT DEAL IN A PROFESSIONAL MANOR with the public. I purchased a mustang front end for my truck and it went well, a few years later I was changing it to air bags and the new parts did not fit and he told me that the front end must have been from another vendor because his have a different measurements for the a arms then he sells. I know where I got them and he continued to say that they where not his. He is rude and argumentative. I am done with him and there are plenty of vendors to buy from. ED
Old 10-21-2010, 01:01 PM

Last photo:

Hey Bobby....did you know you're about 2 1/2 yrs. late on trying to defend this guy. the OP's last thread was 4/08 and RPW has a very bad rep from many forums, I guess there's just a lot of "very unreasonable" people out there.

Let me see...I send you my money, you don't send my parts, weeks go by, you're an azzhole on the phone....yep, sounds unreasonable to me!!!! By the way, how long have you worked for RPW???
Old 10-21-2010, 03:54 PM
B,Pope

Could be, but.. Remember in high school where the same message went around the room and came back totally different? I had a Goodyear last year and had a real idiot send in a real nasty letter to Angie's list because I refused to install his used part and suggested he find someone else to do it. I got a copy of the post and found out he lied about the whole thing just to cause me irritation and get back at me. I am always polite until someone wants to be a jerk, then I tell them to simply find someone else and leave. Remember, you are only hearing one side of this story and do you know the kind of person telling the story? Not very fair is it? "Think about it"
Bob
Old 10-21-2010, 03:57 PM
B,Pope

Just happened to see it on the net. The last comment was unduly rude, don't you think? I am several states away. I have just been a customer for several years and have never had a reason to complain. I build cars for a living, so I tend to use a lot of different distributors all of the time.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:33 AM

Last photo:

Bobby, did you read my posts? I wasn't being unreasonable, I went to the owner (Jay), he was very unreasonable. I wasn't trying to ruin his business, he was. Was I angry? Yes I was. Did I have a right to be? Yes I did. Was I being childish as you say? I say no. I had gotten on with my life until you stirred the pot. If you have had good luck with this guy it sounds like you are the minority. Your comment about how far people will go to hurt others can be turned back on you for calling people "unreasonable and childish". You would have had more credibility if you had just given your experiences with RPW and left out the attack on me and the rest of the people that this guy has jerked around. Again, did you read my posts?
Old 10-22-2010, 10:57 AM
when will it rain???

Last photo:

by the looks of things, i agree with 327nut, the way bobby stood up for this co. would make me think he works for the place as well.
the mere thought that he has no post count, and not seeing him in another single thread helps make it look this way, not to mention i dont see a response from him about working for the place after it being brought up to his attention...

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.