Rodrunner- Wheres my money? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2002, 10:45 PM
Ford Freak

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Post Rodrunner- Wheres my money?

Hey everybody, I just wanted to post up a message telling a little story.

Once upon a time there was this nice guy. He liked to go on hotrodders.com because he likes hotrods and there is a lot of nice people there where he could learn a lot. He had a shift kit in his garage that he wanted to get rid of, so he posted a message saying if anybody wanted it, give him a holler. Here comes somebody whos interested (not saying any names) who goes by the name of....well, lets just say RODRUNNER. He gives me, er him his address and they both agree on $10 for the shift kit and $18 for shipping/handling to ship it from CA to VA or something. So this nice guy ships the shft kit, and as soon as the not-so-nice guy gets it he sends the nice guy an email. In this email he says something along the lines of "hey i got the shift kit, thanks a lot. I'll definately send the $28 check to you. Don't worry about it, you'll get the money." Well, about a month later still no check in the nice guys mail box. Well, i'll just send this not so nice guy (who we'll just call RODRUNNER for the time being)an email. Sounds like a good idea right? Wrong, such an email doesn't even exist anymore. Now heres a delima. The nice guy is without a shift kit OR money. What did this nice guy do to deserve this kind of treatment? RODRUNNER???? HUH? PUNK!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2002, 12:17 AM
banned

Too bad you can't trust no one in these days... They don't trust you enough to send the money first and you don't trust them enough to send the parts first...
Old 12-29-2002, 04:34 AM

Unfortunately that sort of thing happens alot these days. Hell, I sent a certain engine builder, name witheld, $800.00 for a set of heads that were supposed to be 9.5:1 compression. Turns out after we checked, they were 7.8:1 heads. Told me to put them on and I'd be happy, but sorry, no returns. I was pi##ed! Too bad on your end, usually car guys are the most trustworthy people I know, especially with car stuff. I say the guy's an spineless a..hole who needs to learn what goes around comes around. Too bad he doesn't live next door to ya. Good luck.
Old 12-29-2002, 05:48 AM

Last journal entry: 52 truck
Last photo:

Alright. Heres a long story made short on how people like that get it back.
I was young(dumb) bught a GOOD 427 off this guy for 1500 bucks. It was **** and I got screwed.
Years later. My friend loses 500 bucks at a theater. Returned wallet, no money. Im telling her about my engine story and how you never hear about it, but people like that always get theres.
An hour later. Im joking about a Harley Rodeo held at our fairgrounds with another girl I work with, when she tells me it was a blast. Only bad thing happened was Bob(guy that screwed me on the engine)his wifes pures got stolen. Had 1500 dollars in it! Tell me that wasnt the big guys way of tellin me I was right. We just usually never know.
Hes probably out testing the shift kit out and the cars overheated, cracked a head and hes done. You just wont hear about it,but it happens. HG

[url]http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/journal.php?action=view&journalid=2415[/url]

Hemmies rat journal below.

[url]http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/journal.php?s=f6d0e9c7fec644bb0a70761c0431939b&journalid=84231&action=view[/url]
Old 12-29-2002, 05:54 AM
doesn't play well with others

Last photo:

Sorry buddy but you can chalk that up to another lesson learned in life. Been there, done that. Unfortunately we (the good guys) tend to want to take people on their word, but I have seen it backfire too often. Now I agree with the others, money first then deliver part.
Old 12-29-2002, 06:53 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

The first rule is to get the money first. Honor is not very prevalent in our society anymore. The old saying goes, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
Old 12-29-2002, 07:40 AM
Slider in Wa.

Last photo:

Then there is guys like "Madd". He heard i was lookin for some fender arrow emblems for my 57 p.u. Had a pair and shipped them to me free of charge!!! Way cool.
Slider in Wa.
Old 12-29-2002, 09:21 AM

Last photo:

I would like to see the name of this company listed in the Company Reviews part of hotrodders.com
Old 12-29-2002, 10:22 AM
BLACK BEAST

Last photo:

I can't stand people who lie,or try to rip you off!!! Why do people do it?
Old 12-29-2002, 03:36 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Hmmm...seems to me there might be an IP address attached to that Nickname?

Could an administrator find out this kind of information Jon? Hypothetically of course.
Old 12-29-2002, 05:58 PM
Ford Freak

Last photo:

oh yeah, good idea. well, hypothetically-jon
Old 12-30-2002, 03:00 AM
Dream as if you'll live 4ever

Last photo:

Ok let me explain, I pay everyone I owe but with Christmas and my stupid job rearanging our pay schedule I had to go three weeks before I get my check and I haven't had the money! plus on top of all that my internet service provider screwed up my account and cancelled my service and haven't been able to email you. I'm sending this from my work. I'm sorry!!! I get paid this friday and was planning to send it to you then, But instead Santa brought me some Christmas money and I sent it out today. To all the other people on the board, Please don't think bad of me, I pride myself on my reputation. I think everyone one this board are great! but I don't want you to think I'm a deadbeat who don't pay his dues, I do!!! This is something that was beyond my control and I will take care of. I do not lie, cheat, steal or rip off anyone or anything!!! Please forgive me for not getting in touch wih you sooner! Again I'm sorry and you WILL get your money! It has been sent! I understand where your coming from and I would feel the same way if I was in your shoes. I didn't expect you to send it out before you received the money. Kinda wish you hadn't. all of this would have been avoided.
Rodrunner

[ December 30, 2002: Message edited by: Rodrunner ]</p>

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.