Hot Rod Forum banner

roll around 'creeper' - good ones?

4K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  MI2600 
#1 ·
hiya folks.

I have an olde truck that I work on in my driveway... and I was wondering about buying a good quality 'creeper'... one of those padded things with wheels that you can roll around on yer back under a vehicle on...

I thought I'd ask in here about some good brands, deals, prices and pros and cons any of you might have? I'm a big guy, 6' 2" , 210# so it needs to be something stout and durable.

Thanks for any advice...

-W

#2 ·
This is the one I have used for the last 5 years or so. It is very nice, I lave had engines, transmissions, and many other things sitting on this to move thing around in the shop.

I have had the front of a Dodge Intrepid sitting on it to roll it into the shop. What I'm trying to say is this is one strong creeper. You should be able to pull a price off from Matco tools web site.

I have also owned many cheap ones from the part stores but they never roll well.

Steve

#3 ·
In the last 10 years I had bought 3 new ones(not the cheap ones but not the top of the line). They either rolled poorly or broke after a while. I found an old one at a garage sale for $2 and bought it on spec. The owner was moving to a condo and didn't have a place to keep it. He had had it for 30 years. Wish I would have found this one years ago. I often stop at yard and garage sales as you never know what you will find as you drive down the street.

#7 ·
Ive got the old style metal frame 6 wheeled one its down to 4 wheels now its been a good one

like this one here

I like this one because I can grab the rail & it helps me to get up off the ground

getting down there is the easy part LOL

also if you have long hair you will want to invest in scrunches or something to keep it out of the wheels nothing worse than having you head pinned to the creeper by your hair under a car !!

owwie!

I have to say those others are nice too that 1st one looks like its from the movie speed :mwink:

I still would rather have a lift

R :thumbup:

#10 ·
I have an old wooden Craftsman with metal wheels that I have had for years.

I bought one of those padded 6 wheeled ones thinking it would be more comfortable. It is but the rubber wheels get grease caked up on them and it makes grease streaks on the floor. I hate that and it's a pain to clean them off over and over again.

I shoulda just stayed with that old Craftsman.

#11 ·
Ive had a couple, Don't buy the ones the Acdelco ones from walmart, they fall apart with a day.
I got some yellow folding one from walmart, My mom bought me a acdelco one and I took a couple of them back and finally exchanged it for the one I have now. It's yellow with black padding, and goes from a creeper to a sitting stool by folding it. Its done good for the past 3 years Ive had it.

Brad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.