Hot Rod Forum banner

to roll, or not to roll

820 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  johnsongrass1 
#1 ·
Does any know how well roller rockers will hold up on the street? I'm running a 510" lift cam on a 377 cid sbc and need to go to rockers,this motor is very budget minded so I'm thinking a set of summit rollers for 160$,though I dont want to waste my money or have them fail in 10,000 miles.
Are guides really neccesary for them or are they a bolt-on item? Oh, by the way my springs are check at 110# seat pressure.

#2 ·
First you've built a 377' how hard do you plan to run it . If you are going to idle around town stock rockers will be fine. A high performance engine requires maintanence. 10000 miles on a serious engine is 5000 past when things need to be checked over . Providing it was put together correctly to begin with.

#3 ·
I would agree! This is my first street motor biuld to date, I've been racing "A" mod for about five years and my engine gets torn down for inspection once per week. 6000rpm limit by the the way, I like to step into it once and a while

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.