Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Roll & Pleat 52 Ford Headliner/Panels
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 10:57 PM

Last journal entry: Getting Closer
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Interior Headliner

I plan to use the original bows that came with the car. Roll & Pleat is the term I grew up with. It means cutting the vinyl into 1 &1/2 inch strips-plus1/2 inch on each side for the seam (alternating white and purple stripes) and sewing them together with listing cloth sewn in where the bows cross the top of the car. I would prefer for the stripes to go from side to side, but have heard that it can be impractical. I also plan to use a wider strip of vinyl, front and rear, to finish extending the headliner to where it is glued to the metal of the car and down the rear quarter in front of the rear glass. I am also unsure how to fasten the windlace around the door - is it tucked in up over the door the same place the headliner is pushed in, or somplace else? I'm also not sure where it goes on the rear of the kick panels. As I said, I apologize for my stupidity, but I've never done a headliner before. All help will be appreciated beyond imagination! See 52HEMI Journal for Photos.