Hot Rod Forum banner

Roller rocker touching spring retainer

8K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  StraubTech 
#1 ·
After looking at my situation better the roller rocker arm is sitting on the valve spring retainer I can spin the roller with my finger

#7 ·
Something going on with this to my eye it looks like there is a lock on the stem and another between it and the retainer???

The lock at the retainer appears to sit high which makes me wonder if it is an offset design that allows the retainer to ride high .050 inch is typical of these.

Help me out, what's going on with this?

Bogie

#10 ·
I had a problem when I built a 383 c.i. engine using World Products Motown 220 heads and a mechanical roller cam. When I went to check the pushrod length and the Harland Sharp roller rockers were hitting on the edge of the retainers. What I ended up doing was sending the Harland Sharp rockers back to Summit Racing and purchasing a set of Crane Gold Race Roller Rockers. I installed them and checked for pushrod length which I had to get .100 longer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.