Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Roller Rocker vs. Roller Tip Rocker
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 09:32 AM
Air Force Guy

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I'm either going to rebuild the 305 I have and put a new cam (Possibly retro-roller) in it along with rebuilding the current heads and put new rockers in it (Either roller or roller tip...leaning toward roller tip at the moment for price considerations) or I'm going to build a mild 350 with a block I already have. The finished product will be for my 84 T/A daily driver that honestly, I don't want to put much effort in after this. The engine is the last "Major" component that needed work after the transmission and rear-end that were done last year and when it's done, I can finally put my attention and money where it belongs, on my 67 Camaro.

So the rocker question has significance for both motors. The reason I put 200k as my benchmark is because the current 305 just went over 170K and aside from leaking 2.5 quarts of oil between oil changes, it runs like a champ (Front and rear mains are leaking REALLY bad hehe).