Ok so here we go....
I bought this thing for $4000 and here is what it is:
1993 Geo Metro that has been set down on custom 2x4 frame. Entire floor is all tin and it has a full tub with a 8 point cage (that needs some touch up work). It has bucket seats and the original dash in it still with removeable hard top.
The drive train consists of the following:
I originally was told the engine was a 350, but of course when I got it home and checked the block and head casting numbers, it's a POS 305. So that is why I started looking for a 350 or 400.
My machinest at A1 Machine Shop (greatest machine shop in the world BTW ) gave me a smokin deal on a 4 bolt main 350 that cleaned up at .030. He sold me the block for $350 and threw in a .010/.010 forged steel 350 crank which I thought was a smokin deal.
I then purchased a set of 291 casting Camelback heads (and I know Vortecs flow better, they are old designs, blah blah blah) that my machinest is going to install hardened seats in, along with screw in studs, and punch them out to 2.02 intakes along with alot of port and blending work (all for peanuts). I still have to order the rotating assembly and I will comment more about that as the parts start coming in.
The tranny is a T350 and I was told it has a mild stall. It shifts real firm and no slippage. The rearend is a narrowed 9 inch and the guy I purchased it from said it has 4.11's with a spool but I think they are more like 4.56's or 4.88's as it revs up QUICK on 33" tall MT Sportsmans. I will end up pulling the rear end apart to inspect it anyway just to make sure.
The Tracker only has ONE brake on the drive line so I am in the process of installing disc brakes on the front (straight front axle) after I determine what kind of spindles I am going to need.
It also has lexan side windows as well as a lexan front windshield. Needless to say with this thing stripped down as it is, it is LIGHT AS HELL. I can't wait to get it to the scales to see exactly how much it weighs.
The 305 that is in it now is leaking some oil and has a water pump leak but other than that is runs real good with good oil pressure and does not smoke at all. It has a Edelbrock Performer intake on it along with a Edelbrock 600 cfm carb. I plan on taking the 305 out of the Tracker very soon, cleaning it up with a new gasket set, fixing the coolant leak and then putting it up on craigslist to recoupe some of my money on this build.
Here are some pics of the parts and more will be coming soon along with more interior and exterior pics of the Tracker...
Here is a pic of the 291 castings that I picked up for real cheap.
This is the 4 bolt that went .030 over.
I got this crank thrown into the block deal for dirt cheap and the best part is that it's gonna clean up at 10/10.
Finally, I picked up this Victor Jr. intake with the endurashine coating (which I had to polish a bunch to get it to this) for the super low prices of $90.
More pics and info to come on Sunday.