Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - rolling sheet metal what tool?
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 10:05 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothale View Post
Lazze has bead roller dies that will do one side of a fender at a time. Ron Covell also has dies . I saw a pict of a machine from the 20's that would make curved rounded edge old car fenders in one pass. join the metal working forums, Metalmeet, allmetal shaping. etc. check out david gardiner from the UK. metal shaping with simple hand tools. a lot of different tools and ways to do the job. Kirkham uses stretch dies to make their Cobra panels. Check out all of Lazze's free Utube video's. he also sells dvd's of the longer instructions.
Yep. Lazze's the man. Tipping dies I think they're called. Seems like some simple bushings can make the die shift around so it will be like a lazze machine. Metal church(youtube) also shows a simple way to make tanks. Can't wait to get my feet wet. I was planning on selling my Stang to get these tools but I just got another raise and back full time so I'll get my Bailey bead roller soon. I have to!!! I simply called for a quote and they sent me a hat and catalog so that goes a long way with me.

Anywho, a good thing to check out for fenders is a deep throat shrinker. It's the tool of choice for lazze. Lots of guys out there knock the shrinkers and seem to want to do it the old fashion way, which is very respectable, but as a guy that has neighbors I'd take Lazze's way. When it comes down to making money OR just doing it as a hobby the deep throat shrinker and Lazze's way makes more sense to at least me. No huge machines pissing off neighbors.