Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - rolling sheet metal what tool?
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 10:26 PM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

bead roller

I bought a Harbor freight bead roller 6 or 7 years ago and followed suggestions on Metalmeet, added more angle iron to stiffen it. A $ 50 HF atv winch to power it. then a quick release and hand crank for adjustments. I pulled it apart this year and the shafts were gauled in the Bearing blocks. I drilled - tapped and added grease zerks. that should be done if they are not lubed.I bought an Orange roller from Reids to use for a skate wheel. I got a 22 MM browning hub and pulley from Burdens surplus center, to use for a tipping die. I bought a HF shrinker- stretcher floor model for $ 30. the dies leave teeth marks on the metal. Lazze has tips on how to polish and adjust the shrinker for better operation. Some one on metal meet makes stippled dies that don't leave teeth marks for about $ 100. A marschant shrinker has an adjuster so you can push the pedal all the way to the floor to get just a little bit of consistant shrink. I have been thinking about putting an adjustment screw on the HF shrinker to work the same. A mini pulmax type machine is the best to do shrinking deeper on a panel, using thumbnail dies.
The Following User Says Thank You to timothale For This Useful Post:
tech69 (06-11-2013)