Hot Rod Forum banner

rolling the top of custom door panels

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  BOBCRMAN@aol.com 
#1 ·
I am in the process of building a 81 Camaro and want to do my own custom door panels. The question that I have is how to roll the top of the panel over the top of my door so that it will fit like the OEM panel? Is there a meterial that I can form with a heat gun to match that of the OEM and will stay once it cools back down?

I hope everyone understands what I am asking.

THX

#3 ·
thx...Will I have to do something to either material to keep it from "un-forming"? Or once it is heated, bent, and cooled it will stay that way unless heated back up with a heat gun/steam? I guess what I am asking is will the sun make it "un-form"?

thx

#5 ·
THX for the reply's. Bob, I just have a qestion. If using sheet metal, why would you need the fiber board? For additonal strength so that the sheet metal will not flex? Or so that you can glue the material to it easier than you can the sheet metal? I am kind of lost here, sorry but I am very new to the custom interior thing...

THX again for everyone reply's...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.