Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebob37 View Post
Beachbum;
I was reading back & looked at your post. Your seat is similar to mine, & less complicated. A very nice job indeed! I discovered on mine, the bolster on top doesnt have the curve on it like the original, so thats one of the reasons for the poor fit. I'm going to make a new bolster, shorten the cover & back a bit, pull the stitches, & try again. I have a few questions if you dont mind. Did you do the pleats the old fashioned way? If so, what did you stuff them with? How did you overcome the problem of sewing the welt cord across the stuffed pleats? Somewhere in the previous posts, I think it may have been Dan, it said to make the cover bigger, stuff it, draw the finished line on it, sew on the welt cord, then cut it to the line. That way you would have better support on either side of the welt rather than it wandering off the edge. What think?
No, that wasn't me. I said to sew the top end shut on your pleats as close to the outside edge as possible, and then sew another stitch line in 1/4" BEFORE you fill the pleats. That will keep the filling material away from the area you want to sew the welt onto.

No one lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.