Ronald W. Long in memory - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2003, 08:07 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Ronald W. Long in memory

As you guys know I'm always trying to help out with factual advice. This week I have to say goodby to a great friend and fellow rodder, an accident on I-75 in southeast Michigan took him.

To Ron Long, one of the best friends a rodder and biker could have. For twenty years we traveled the midwestern U.S. on every do-able weekend, the waitresses called him Santa Claus and me Smiley. Each year it was trying out a new ride or a new adventure.
Swap meets, Rod runs, Outlaw Sprint races, Drag races, Car shows, we did them all from the Michigan U.P. to Gainsville Fla. and from York Pa. to Denver Colorado. Get there fast and wander the backroads going home, always looking for new projects.
One of the most memorable weekends was four or five years ago when we took off for Nebraska one friday afternoon, drove to Lincoln, visited the Speedway Motors store and museum, bought what we needed, then on to a NSRA show at the Aksarben center, an Outlaw Sprint show at Eagle Speedway, then a SAC air show, then to a NHRA regional meet, drove up to the Dakotas then back to Michigan,(remember the indian girl with the high "cheek bones") were we wasted! had to go to work to recover!
How about when we drove the old "three legged dog" straight thru to Springfield, Mo. for the NSRA thing and got rained out just as we got to registration, and soaked all the way back to Mich. just a few memories.
I cried inside when they unplugged the machine at 10:00 am Monday, but I guess it's for the best Massive brain damage they said. I'll see you on that Hog sometime in the future when "Santa" and "Smiley " hit the road again for the all time best adventure.
Goodby old friend
BOB

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2003, 08:14 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

bummer.......

sorry for your loss Bob.
if it helps, i feel sure there are hotrods in heaven. i just know it.
keep your chin up.
brings to mind the story about the dash. as in the dash between the year of your birth, and the year of your death.
glad you got to be a part of his dash, an he in yours......
larry
1971-
Old 07-30-2003, 08:17 PM
Tomorrow Will Be a Better Day

Last photo:

Sorry to hear about the loss of your good friend and a fellow rodder. Cherish the memories. Put the sun at your back, the wind in your face and go for a ride in his memory.
Old 07-30-2003, 08:38 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Told you there was a Santa, somehow I knew he was a rodder.

Rest in peace Ron, may the swap meets be never ending and filled with all the parts you need.

Chuck.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.