Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The Roofus Special
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 01:34 PM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy
Cars, even kit cars are generally registered as what they most resemble.
Pugsy is pretty much on target here if we "generalize" but always keep in mind that every state has different rules for how they treat street rods, modified cars, kit builds and purely hand fabricated cars. My advice is to read KY code and regulations front to back. They should be accessible through your DMV office. Also, try your darnedest to find a knowledgeable person at your state DMV office who can answer your questions and walk you through the process.

That was my biggest mistake the first time I did this for one of my own scratch builds. I relied on the word of a local DMV clerk, who didn't understand the process, then on a State Patrol officer, who knew even less but was so enamored with his own uniform he just started making stuff up.

When I finally found the right person at the state DMV office, it was a piece of cake to get the title. But this is a pretty rare process. So there are lots of cops and lots of clerks who THINK they know what's supposed to be done but in reality, they don't have a clue.

But to answer your question, my guess is it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference if you have some Jag sheet metal in the floorboards or anywhere else on the car. Can't guarantee that in KY, but it certainly would not make a difference here in WI.