The Roofus Special
View Single Post
04-09-2012, 06:49 AM
Join Date: Jul 2003
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Flipper_1938's Photo Album
The small tube gusset wasn't cutting it. I needed to do something more substantial, but not super heavy. I also decided the mounts needed upper biscuits.
I wanted a flange to go around the buscuit, but didn't have the right size tube...so I made my own. ...from cop car kick panels.
I started by making a strip of flat stock.
wrapped around a piece of roll bar tube
Now that I had a better idea what I was making, I cleaned up the end
time for sheetmetal gussets
the top bolt hole was the hard part to figure out. I sleeved it and then cut the sleeve down.
I welded the circles first (welds under the big gusset)
and added speed holes
socket fits great on the top bolt
with a rubber
Now the other side.
The passenger side mount is shorter due to the engine offset (more foot room for me). I had to cram things closer to get it all to fit. hammer time!
Now to give it something to bolt to
trimmed to sit on the X-brace
did the same thing for the other side
I now have a mounted motor!
View Public Profile
Find all posts by Flipper_1938