Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - rotisserie
Thread: rotisserie
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2005, 01:22 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

I've gone severa routes for a rotisserie - the easiest and probably most ecconomical and fastest is to go to Harbor Frieght and get you 2ea 2000 pound engine stands they are on sale this week as i picked up another one yesterday for $79.00. so looking at ~$150+ tax. these are pretty easy to bolt to your chassis- but could use a little wider base and probablly a little taller so the car can spin all the way around.

I've also built several of the large rotisseries- using 4x4 square tube and some 3.5 x 3.5 square tube. It cost $450+ and took a few days - one to cut all the pieces, another to drill all the holes for adjustment and a really long one for welding all the pieces together. Add to the above price that for the giant castors which are NOT cheap!

i have plans lying around somewhere but am in the middle of moving into/ setting a new house and garage so might take some time to produce as the place still is very disorganised. then i need to scan them in so you can see them.

any thoughts as to having a members plans section for stuff like on the "what ya build" section? i won't mind posting the plans to some of the things i have built as long as others share too.

anyone else out there use: SOLIDWORKS or COREL DRAW ?