Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rotisserie question
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 10:04 PM
Automotive Extraordinaire

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Rotisserie question

Ok, so I find myself looking for a rotisserie as the one I have been using was a friends and he now needs it for a restoration he is working on. I have looked at nearly every model available on the internet and still have several questions about the strength and quality of them. If you have a particular brand of rotisserie that has worked well for you I'd like to know what brand and where you got it. Price would be nice also, but I don't mind paying for a quality tool. I may have one worked out in a trade, but I will still be looking to buy a second one as I find myself needing two of them so I can hang the frame on one and the body on another. I think it would save time to do it that way, maybe not. I have also entertained the thoughts of just building one, but that would require time, which I find myself short of lately. Any input or information, good, bad or ugly is greatly appreciated. I need to know the facts on various brands before spending over $1000 on something that is junk. I do know one man who bought a $900 special "closeout" deal and when you put a full size body (55 Chevy for example) on it, it sags in the middle and the back wheels on the uprights don't touch the ground. So I definitely want to avoid that. As always thanks in advance for all the great information you guys always seems to have. Best of luck to you all in your projects.

Kelly