Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Rotisserie question
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 06:52 AM
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Originally Posted by carolinacustoms View Post
Ok, so I find myself looking for a rotisserie as the one I have been using was a friends and he now needs it for a restoration he is working on. I have looked at nearly every model available on the internet and still have several questions about the strength and quality of them. If you have a particular brand of rotisserie that has worked well for you I'd like to know what brand and where you got it. Price would be nice also, but I don't mind paying for a quality tool. I may have one worked out in a trade, but I will still be looking to buy a second one as I find myself needing two of them so I can hang the frame on one and the body on another. I think it would save time to do it that way, maybe not. I have also entertained the thoughts of just building one, but that would require time, which I find myself short of lately. Any input or information, good, bad or ugly is greatly appreciated. I need to know the facts on various brands before spending over $1000 on something that is junk. I do know one man who bought a $900 special "closeout" deal and when you put a full size body (55 Chevy for example) on it, it sags in the middle and the back wheels on the uprights don't touch the ground. So I definitely want to avoid that. As always thanks in advance for all the great information you guys always seems to have. Best of luck to you all in your projects.

I bought my steel well over a year ago for my rotisserie and have over $800 in total for the steel, wheels, jacks.

For your frame - modifing 2 cheapo engine stands into a rotisserie would be plenty strong and quite inexpensive to do. Extend the tubing that has the 2 casters mounted to it, 36" is too narrow to safely roll a frame on. IF it was me, I would extend that tubing to 60" wheel to wheel and feel comfortable.
750-lb-capacity-engine-stand- $46
Use this 20% off coupon and save some more

Last edited by Old Fool; 01-17-2013 at 07:05 AM.