Hot Rod Forum banner

Rubber Moulding Trim Needed...

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  powerrodsmike 
#1 ·
Does anybody know of a company that sells rubber window trim .

I have seen them at past car shows but dont remember any names. I am looking for a rubber window trim that would go on the inside of a 48 Chevy truck. I will be installing a 1 pc. windshield and I am not using the standard metal trim that would go around the inside. I know there is some companys out there that sells all kinds of rubber trim to fit what ever you want...

THANKS

Bg :pimp:

#4 ·
Vince, I went thru your photo album, the truck is coming along good and looks very cool. :thumbup:

If I can I would like to understand exactly what you are doing. You are going to glue in the windshield with urethane like a late model car with a small moulding around the glass and then you want something to cover the pinch weld where the original rubber was, is that right?

Brian

#5 ·
#6 ·
Putting a 1 pc glass in the 48 Chevy truck and trying for a nice clean low profile look!! :mwink: I have seen several trucks with the 1 pc and have noticed the outside rubber moulding trim bulge out at the middle pinch area.. I have removed most of the pinch to avoid this. My thoughts is to do a glue in and apply a rubber trim (s10)around the outside. The problem i have is trying to get the proper rubber moulding trim for the inside. I would like to find a rubber trim that would cover the metal windshield frame ( about 3/4 inch ). The trim would have a small lip to catch the window frame and then lay flat on the insde with maybe an adhesive to secure it. This would cover the frame and make a nice clean look. Not using the OEM window trim.

Thanks
Bg :thumbup: :thumbup:

#7 ·
When you say you are using the metal frame, do you mean that the glass will be framed with the original frame but without the original gasket and then the frame and glass will be glued in?

If that is the case why don't you just glue a peice of vinyl or leather on the frame?

Mikey

#8 ·
I am not using any type of frame that goes around the windshield itself. I would like to glue the glass in the windshield inset on the cab and then use a rubber trim on the outside, maybe s10 . But i am looking for the correct rubber trim for the inside to cover the exposed window frame (about 3/4 inch)so you cannot see it.

If you go to my photo gallery and look at the first picture (DCP-2919) you can see the inside window frame that i am talking about.

THANKS
Bg :mwink: :mwink:

#9 ·
Ok I get it now, What you refer to as the frame is in reality what we call the pinchweld. or windshield flange.

I thought there was a moulding on those trucks that covered that pinchweld flange thing.
Mikey

#11 ·
Gotcha, That is the pinchweld.
I think I would get myself a piece of ss tubing, cut it in thirds , and make a coping bead for a trim piece, bend it to conform and screw it down.

Or you could look in some of the industrial catalogs for "U" shaped edge trim and cut one side off .

Later, mikey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.