Hot Rod Forum banner

Running Model Airplane Fuel In A Chain Saw-

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  topfuel55 
#1 · (Edited)
I have put this stuff in the gas of my kx 125 and it made it scream...I would say that compared to running trick 108 and "the mix" the little 125 picked up 5 to 8 hp..... never blew.
Model Airplane fuel...
It comes in 10%, 20%,30%,and up to I think
to about 80% nitro-methane....with about 20% casterbean oil....

Anyway... this is a easy way to get nitro, at the "hooby store"
and make no mistke that this is'nt your ordanary octane booster...-------------------

Anyway......

Then came the weed eater- it screamed-smeard rod....
I found the weed eater had a "not really strong rod"..it tore it up good.
Now the chainsaw,
The 2.2 chainsaw might have a more decent rod...
How much nitro???
Had no probs with the KX with probably 7 to 10 % nitro...
Has anybody else done this ?
P.S. I know this is'nt a bike or chainsaw foruum but this involves nitro
How Bout this....to make it a car post..can I do this to my L-88 ? how much pure niro in the gas the make it haul *** without burning "too much up".....DR

See less See more
#2 ·
Nitro Nitro Nitro

H327, this is the second thread you have started the is close to my heart. In the words of Grey Baskerville NITRO IT'S SOOOO BIT**in. I worked on an "A" fuel team ( unblown nitro rail) so I've been around it. Neat stuff . Makes it's own oxygen (very little) weighs 12 LBS. a gallon. Needs alot of advance. Hot Rod Mag did an article and I think they ran 20 or 25 %. Somemore advance, jetted up the carb , let it fly. They said it didn't cackel real hard but it did have that distictive smell of HP! Jetting is touchy lead has to be right. Nitro loves to detonate. BUt man, they ain't nothin like it. I'd love to have anything that would run on it just to start it once and a while, and beath in some fumes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.