Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - running no vacuum advance
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 02:28 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks for all the responses keep em coming. I read them all and try to take in as much as I can even with different opinions. Yes Red I still have the 3.08s in it. Got a line on a 78 malibu that I may pick up and try to build a more strip oriented car out of it. If I do that will allow me to go ahead and put the 3.73s in the 8.2 ten bolt I have in the Chevelle right now. Figure it will be pretty safe if I only strip the Chevelle a couple times a year and take the 78 to the track most of the time. We'll see though I have not decided on the 78 for sure yet. It would be a total build. Body is & frame look pretty good but all else would have to be upgraded. As for the 17 intial and 36 total by 2600 rpm, I figure I am most concerned with performance at the track for now so would'nt that be the best setup? or would I run as good or better by going back to the vacuum advance. OBTW the initail was at 17 before we curved the distributor and just happend to fall there after we recurved it as well.