Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Runs rough/intake popping when secondaries kick in.
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 04:41 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

I recently rebuilt a holley for a co worker. He tought to rear float level was too high. He screwed the adjuster nut so far thar the needle was jammed into the seat and was getting the same problem. I went over there to see what was going on. Put a new needle anad seat aand adjust it to the same position that I had previously done and now it's running like a top. At idle no fuel is being used from the rear float bowl, unless it has 4 corner idle. So when he turned the nut he seen neo change in fuel level so he kept on turniing it more until he jammed the needle into the seat. Check for proper float level by pulling the float bowl off and turning it upside down. Or if you want to see the fuel level in the window and not pull the float bowl loosen 1 lower float bowl screw to let out a good amount of fuel. Tighten that screw. Lower the float setting enough that you know it will be too low. Now start the engine or electric pump and raise the fuel level to the desire level.