Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - rust inhibitor experience
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 04:24 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

lizer,your zink phosphate sounds promising I'll pick some up and try it and compare it to Ospho but you have a few misconceptions about "ospho" ..Yes it's active ingrediant IS phosphric acid but it does not need to be neautralized just like an etching primers main ingrediant is Phosphric acid ,you dont neautralize that ...it does offer protection against surface rust....and although SPI does noy recomend using ANY treatments thier epoxy primer works very well with it ...I know first hand because I've been using ospho for for around 25 yrs and SPI has been my primer of choice for quite a few years also..At my shop,if I strip it or its blasted its gets the combo,
This is the first I've heard of the zinc so I'll try it on something and do a couple tests but the reason I still use ospho is because it works SO well and when something works well you stick with it...untill something comes along thats better...This zinc may be it ....we'll see