Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - rust inhibitor experience
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 03:34 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

From what I understand about navel jelly they are close relatives but ospho is a lot more concentrated.I apply it with a pump spray bottle and right away it starts dissolving rust you can see it happening...
For light rust I apply it with the pump bottle and scrub it in with a scuff pad,for heavier and pitted rust I'll use wire wheels to work it into the pits.keeping everything wet as I'm working ,then just wipe off the excess with dry paper shop towels (lots of them) let it dry over night and if its in the shop you wont see surface rust again for months. the coating is a primer and paintable if your doing a trailer or something but I always sand it and epoxy prime it on my cars..I've never come across any primer that didnt stick well to it. Although others have I blame it on poor prep,it doesnt look like anything is on there.after sanding and scuffing wipe it down with wax & grease remover and start shooting your primer....The important thing about it is that even on media blasted cars it'll prevent surface rust on bare metal until your ready to prime and if it already has started to get surface rust it'll remove it quickly...I can apply a coat in less than an hour as a protectent .but it might take days if the car is heavily pitted...applying a second coat after the first has dried ,cleans it up even better...

How do you use the zinc phosphate????