Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - rust-oleum overspray
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 08:59 PM

Last journal entry: Shop Remodel Progress
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORM47
I got a problem. Couple years ago I bought a little convertable that had at the time fresh black paint. The body and paint were not perfect, but I didn't pay a "perfect" price either. This year I had to paint a few items with white rust-oleum. ( not car stuff) So I went outside, on the side of the garage and sprayed my stuff. Couple days later I go to wash the convert. and I find that somehow I got a fine mist over the car.(Harley also). I tried cleaner wax, and real fine rubbing compound, but it didn't cut the overspray. What do I do now? I have no idea if the paint is bc/cc or single stage. I suspect it is single stage because of the quality of the body work, but that is just a UNEDUCATED opinion. Repaint at this point is not a option. Anybody got some ideas?

Norm
Whether the paint is BC/CC or not is simple - take a white rag and rub on it with some compound by hand - no color on the rag = clearcoat.

You might try something like "Goof-off" on a small area and see if it works

Goof Off Cleaner

OR some Heavy Duty rubbing compound. It's more aggressive so you'd need to polish it out again but should cut into the overspray better.