Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - rust problems-50 checy coupe
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2004, 09:11 PM
Ferguson Coachbuilding

Last journal entry: '41 Chevy sedan
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hey Bluechev,

Perhaps we'll get the chance to meet one day.

I'll show in just a few hours how to metalfinish. You'll not have to work filler again!!!! It's a learned skill, that believe it or not, isn't that hard once you learn a few basic rules.

Do a search for Redi-Strip. It's a national chain and I think they're scattered all over the US.

If you're doing everything yourself, then I guess maybe $1200 sounds high, but if you're hiring it done, it's a different story. TO me, It's a small price to pay to have every little part of your vehicle totally rust free and ready to go to work on. $1200 is 20hrs of labor, based on $60.00hr. I can't come close to getting one clean in that amount of time, nor nearly as good, so if you look at it from my angle, you save lots of money by having Redi-Strip do it.

If you're offended by my low opinion of POR-15 and the Eastwood Co., then so be it. I only speak from experience! I've been there and done that as the sayin' goes!

Randy Ferguson