Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - rust problems-50 checy coupe
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2004, 10:51 AM
Ferguson Coachbuilding

Last journal entry: '41 Chevy sedan
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

bluechev,

I've posted several tutorials here and have tried to help out those who have asked for help in any way possible. I've even opened my shop up to anyone wanting to come by and use my tools and equipment for their own projects, with or without my assistance.
I have 18 years experience dealing with automotive sheet metal and only about 5 years shaping. I've been through everything you guys have and I have absolutely no secret formula other than hard work and diligence to get where I am. I'm still learning everyday, just like everyone else. NEVER have I said I was better (nor do I believe I am) than anyone else. If you have a willingness to learn, you need to keep an open mind. Having read your post several times, I can only come to the conclusion that you have no desire to spend any more time honing your skills.

testlightST asked in his first post "what do you guys think is the best way of fixing the problem"

I simply gave him what I felt was the BEST WAY to fix his problem.
Not often will you find the CHEAPEST way is also the BEST way.

If he had asked "what is the fastest, cheapest way that I can get by for a year or two, until I can afford a better way" then I would have given a different answer.

This is my business and I can't afford to give advice for products and methods that will not stand the test of time.

Since tone and body language cannot be displayed in this manner, it's easy to read more into what someone is saying, or at least misunderstand how it is being presented.

Believe me, I'm not mad, aggravated, upset, annoyed, etc. Nor do I speak with hostility here. I am opinionated and have no problem voicing my opinions, but that shouldn't cause a flame war between a couple fellow hotrodders.

Good luck with your projects.

Should you ever want advice, and I can be of help, let me know!!

Randy