Rust removal oops. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2003, 05:18 PM

Last journal entry: Some pics
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Rust removal oops.

I guess I am going to be going with smooth sides on my cutlass. I was so excited to be working on it again with my new grinder. Well I cut off a spot in the trunk floor where the rust was pretty bad. Got one section done so I turned to the rusted section behind the wheel well for more cancer surgery. Grinding went ok, but then I notice what at first looked like bondo. So I step back and take a look. "Well that's nice," I thought "gee why don't I look on the other side."

"DOH!" well I didn't like the molding that much anyway. I was going to have to get some replacement pieces on the passenger side anyway, so I might as well just take it all off and go for a more smooth look.

Oh well you live and learn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2003, 02:57 PM
Tazz

Last photo:

Man did you grind through your fender? That would suck man! Had you already repaired the fender?

Tazz
trolloligest

Rat Rods Rule!
Old 12-29-2003, 11:33 PM

Last journal entry: Some pics
Last photo:

Actually I am cutting out the lower portion of the fender to put in a patch panel. I just thought I was below the molding. The main fallout is that the grinder wheel I used now has galavanized metal on it and produces some wonderful fumes. So tonight I replaced it. Got a couple of sections cut out of the trunk floor. But since it is late I probably should not break out the grinder as the cutlass sits in the basement under the bedrooms.

Got a few other things to do down here, working on getting a better shop setup. Got an area roughly 9 foot by twelve foot to setup a little work area for my welding, car stuff and other misc projects.

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.