Rust Repairs? - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2005, 09:42 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hey, no problem. Oddly enough my dad's name was Barry as well.
Anyways, getting onto the subject of keeping it or not.
I really want to keep it because it drives extremely well when it's not bugging out. I know I'd have to put more in it to fix it the proper way and I'm prepared to deal with it if I have too.
My lawyer has sent a letter to the dealership asking for a refund on the car, because no title has been given, so I really don't know what's going to happen.
If I do end up getting a refund, I know I'll get another one down the line. Like I said before, I've always loved classic muscle cars. The only thing is if I keep this car it's gonna eat me up in gas money going to and from college.
It's a 402 so it has some power to it.
Thanks again for all of your comments.

Peace,
Haley

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2005, 09:52 PM
"May the Schwartz be with you"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: Finally getting going...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippie-Hippie
I really want to keep it because it drives extremely well when it's not bugging out. I know I'd have to put more in it to fix it the proper way and I'm prepared to deal with it if I have too.

Peace,
Haley
All good cars "bug out" now and then.

Your car appears to be sound from what I've seen. Hang on a bit and see how it turns out. It doesn't sound as if you have too far to go.

Get the title before putting another penny into it though.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:54 PM

Last photo:

I actually have found the car on a bunch of different websites, I can directly link you to it if you want.

Also if you would like to talk on any kind of messenger let me know...
I have them all.
AIM: Fusion Hippie
Yahoo!: b_r_o_k_e_n_s_t_r_i_n_g_s
MSN: Broken_Strings@Hotmail.com

Peace,
Haley
Old 04-14-2005, 07:53 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippie-Hippie
First of all, I have NO reason in the world to lie about anything I've told you. I'm 18 and I've inherited some money from my father who was killed almost 2 years ago.
Yes, it was a stupid decision to just up and buy a car the first time I laid my eyes on it, but I'm trying to fix what I've done. I came to this site for help, nothing more.
I bought it to have as a car, seeing as how I HATE the new cars today. Bubbles and I'm not into that.
If you don't believe me that's fine, I'm not here to argue about this, just here to learn more about my car.
Now, I've had the car for 6 months. 2 months ago it bugged out and I was stuck with a huge bill of repairs. I haven't got the title and I have a lawyer working on it. In the mean time I wanted to do the car some justice and remove all the rust, make it look more nicer.
I wouldn't waste my time on this site if I didn't have the car.
Anyways, thanks again for your time.

Peace,
Haley

By the way, I'm a she not a he.
Sorry I jumped on you. We get a lot of "Kids" here with over active imaginations that insist on waisting people's time fighting imaginary problems. At the prodding of some other members I've done some research and you have proved you really aren't making things up. Hope you have some luck getting a title.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:30 PM

Last photo:

Thanks for understanding my situation. I don't mean to come off the wrong way if I do. I hope I hear something soon from the lawyer. I really hope I just get the refund, start off from scratch you know? If I get the title, I'll be happy the same. Just so long I get something done about this.

Peace,
Haley
Old 04-14-2005, 10:24 PM
Problem Child,Hard Case

Last journal entry: Strangest job I've ever done
Last photo:

Some advice from me.
IF you can get out of this deal,DO IT.
Go buy something economical and finish college.
First off,this car will eat you alive. It costs LOT'S OF MONEY to keep these things running.
Your problem is the fact that you don't apparently know much about mechanics.
So, Having to PAY someone to fix this car everytime it breaks (which wll be often,just life with vintage iron) will bleed you dry in a short time.

I mean no offense and I was young once too,I just didn't have your money and had to buy what I could afford AND keep it running. Learning the mechanics because I had and wanted to.

Now, IF you do indeed get this cleared up and actually keep this car, Make it a fun ride and park it. Go thrash the Civic going to school.
Take some night class's at the vo-tech and learn HOW to work on this baby.
Get a Chilton manual for it and when it does break fix it yourself.
Join a car club and make some new friends.
Most gearheads are a great lot and are more than willing to help you learn especally if you have a cool ride,which you do.
The guy's HERE are some of the best and would be more than happy to help you out.

Your obviously a nice kid and I really hate that you got taken so to speak,But that's life. You've learned that not everybody is honest and,
DON'T BUY ON IMPULSE.

Best of luck.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:06 PM

Last photo:

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate you taking your time out to help me.
I really love my car, but I understand I got burnt. Like I said, a refund would be great.
I have a neighbor down the street that would help me out with the mechanics of muscle cars. He's a pretty nice guy, so that'll be alot of help.
Of course I'll need a new car, if I get a refund... I'm looking at the new mustangs.
I'm not a Honda fan at all... I just can't stand the bubble look at all... I'm making enough from my inheritance to afford that. I don't want too [pardon the language] piss away all of what my dad worked so hard for on car after car. Like I said before, I bought it has a daily driver... I didn't intend on buying another car.
Anyways, thanks again for the advice.
No more impulse buying =)

Peace,
Haley
Old 04-15-2005, 06:40 AM

Last photo:

Bee4me took the words right out of my mouth. Some very good advice.

Haley, I can really appreciate your desire to own a muscle car but from a practical stand point it just isn't a good time in your life to do so. Frankly the thought of an 18 year old, female, college student being totally dependent on a hot rod for transportation is scary. As Bee said, it will leave you walking and it will cost you a fortune. I'm a female and I drove hot rods all through high school without any major problems but I was also perfectly capable of fixing most anything that went wrong with them myself. When I got ready to go to college though I parked the rod and bought a dependable little four cylinder to get me back and forth without breaking the bank or leaving me stranded on the highway. I hated that wimpy little car but it certainly served it's purpose! After college I ended up hanging onto it for those occassions when my rod got tempermental and refused to take me to work. Even today when I own.....oh gosh.....I had to stop and count ...seven vehicles one or more of them will always be something OTHER than a hot rod. As much as I love my old cars there is a lot to be said for having a vehicle that is low maintance, gets good gas mileage, and will get you where you need to go without the very real possiblity of roadside repairs!

Get out of the deal if you can but if you can't make if a point to learn to do some basic repairs and stock your trunk with tools, spare belts, hoses, and fluids. And get yourself a very dependable cell phone! The world is a lot meaner place than it was when I was your age. Sorry to sound like a mother but it's just not safe for a girl to be broken down on the side of the road.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:17 PM

Last photo:

Thanks for the advice, it's good to hear a female's point of view on this one.
Like I said, I have a very nice neighbor and he's helping me out but I will get some books as well. I know I've just had the worst luck with this car, much less the dealership won't answer my phone calls. That's when I knew it was time to get a lawyer. I sure hope if get a refund, I can get another Chevelle some time down the road.
The last time the car bugged out, it was idling high and that's when the huge repairs came. I didn't think of an emergency brake when I was coming head on into an electric fence so I just put it in park while it was working. The vacuum hose had came undone because it was not the right size and as you already know, the brakes weren't working. When I turned it off, that's what scared me the most because first it back fired and then I was seeing smoke from the cowl. I knew I couldn't leave the car parked where it was because it was on side of the interstate and luckily I didn't live to far because I had to walk home. Now, I carry a cell phone for emergencies like that.
Hopefully, I can find a newer car I like... I'm still leaning towards a new Mustang... There not all that expensive and they handle great. I definitely want a car though, I can't stand SUV's.
Anyways, thanks again.

Peace & Love,
Haley

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.