Hot Rod Forum banner

Rust treat inside frame

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Kramer123 
#1 ·
I was wonderibng if anyone knows of a method to get a rust treatment inside the hollow frame members. The insides of mine on my 67 Charger are pretty rusty as I have sprayed a water hose in there and lots of loose rust has fallen out. I therefore want to spray Por-15 inside it to do what I can to slow the deteriooration of what metal is left. I was thinking that maybe a bug sprayer bottle could be used but maybe I would have to thin the paint. I have a small pancake compressor but no paint gun as yet. do paint guns have nozzle extensions available? There are various factory holes in the square tubing that I can get a sprayer nozzle in to spray or squirt the paint. What do yall think. TIA for any responses. :)

#3 ·
Of course something like this dipping would be the best method
but what I have seen done that may be an alternative if on a budget.
Shutz guns (aka - undercoating guns) are available with wand kits.
Whole setup May be $40-75. depending on kit.
I have seen shops shoot acid into the frame and let set about 5-10 minutes than flush with a hose and at that point when blowed out and dry, shoot whatever you want through the undercoating gun from epoxy to por or rubberized undercoating.
Of couses this is allways hit or miss when you can't see what your doing.
Note:
Some wand kits come with side holes on end this will get you in the tight places with the acid and last coating applied.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.