Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - RUST..What are the acceptable permanent ways to get rid of it?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2004, 05:20 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

In neither of my previous 2 posts did I intend to imply that your description of the '65 Skylark was any less than accurate for an honest sale on e-bay, nor that your add had attempted to mislead anyone, and as I stated concerning your add, there was "nothing wrong with that"
I am not looking for a ridiculous argument here, just that this thread asks , "RUST...What are the acceptable PERMANENT ways to get rid of it?
I admit the method I suggested WILL NOT get rid of it, in fact is intended to make it permanent. that IS NOT the answer this thread requires, but then neither is suggesting to just buy a rust free California car.
As I also said in a previous post, I HAD a mint rust free vehicle that I brought to Michigan from (central) Texas,(incidentally in much better exterior condition than the description of your '64 Skylark) and Michigan's climate literally destroyed it within 4 years. Obviously I could just move out your way too.
But then again that is no real answer to the "...acceptable PERMANENT ways to git rid of" RUST. If you don't have it in the first place, then you don't need to get rid of it, rather obviously
Point is I don't have a way and neither do you, all either one of us can actually do is fight it and stave it off temporarily, so it only comes down to a choice of methods.