Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - RUST..What are the acceptable permanent ways to get rid of it?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2004, 08:22 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,192 Times in 1,051 Posts
Jessie, this thread has gone all over the place, out to a few planets (Pluto and Neptune) and back.

It sounded as if you were "challenging" my statements if that was not the case, I am sorry.

As far as if my copy & paste job belongs in this thread, sure it does. The subject of how one "feels" about using POR or a similar poduct. What would you honestly say to a buyer of the car if asked if it had/has any rust. I had never thought of that, but it was brought up and I responded to that "angle" on the subject.

We are BELIEVE me on the same page, I think

On some cars it is the "bestest/fastest" way to "deal" with the rust. I think we are in agreement.

By the way, just to take this thread over to Uranus (not that I am kissing your butt). I have to say that it is a damn shame those Studes you love so much (I do as well) are not worth as much as other cars. They really do deserve to that $50,000 restoration you have been talking about. The Stude has always been a favorite of mine. My brother had a super clean "rust free" '51 Champion four door. I have always felt they were way ahead of their time. In fact, the '53 coupe (my mine has just froze and I forget the model name) was at the very least 15 years ahead comparing with the 68ish Camaroish pony cars. But I would argue that it was 25 to 35ish years ahead comparing it with the late seventies early eighties pony cars in styling. By the way, the Avanti company is for sale if you have a few mil.