Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - RUST..What are the acceptable permanent ways to get rid of it?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2004, 12:08 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

I fell in love with the old 'bullet nose's' when I was about 10 years old (visions of Buck Rogers space ships and P-51 Lightnings here ) used to sit in them fantasizing for hours down at the local junk yard, but have never yet got around to actually owning one, but of course now I also know sometimes the fantasy is better than the reality.
My first Studebaker was a graduation gift to me from a dying uncle, sadly he passed on before my graduation, but the family honored his wishes, and at 17 I became the proud owner of an absolutely gorgeous one elderly owner, 24,000 mile 1965 Cruiser.
As it was a 4 door and a bit of a 'old mans car' and I was a hot shot teenager, it was only a matter of months before the original 283 (chevy in '65) was outfitted with a Weiand Hi-Rise and AFB, hand fabbed duals, and a 4 speed replaced the automatic, and I just ran the living hell out of it! street racing against anybody in anything that was willing to line 'er up.
Our wedding album is full of pictures taken of that 'ol Stude at our wedding in 1969, I finally moved on to newer and more exciting cars and stupidly I let myself be talked into selling it, for years after I tried to track it down again, but no dice , my mis-spent youth had vanished on me I've owned a lot of Studes since, but like a lot of things, a fellow never forgets his first ride