Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - RUST..What are the acceptable permanent ways to get rid of it?
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2004, 05:14 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

jessie I did avail myself of the info available just not all of it before I used the por. I never said that I didn't think this stuff would work for what I used it for I said that after doing more research I believe epoxy would have been better. I intend to leave it and see what happens,time will tell. I would not have used por,rust encapsulator or any other cover-up to simply slow and hide rust as I was highly skeptical when dealing with even the tiny specks and thats how I wound up here. The original question,as has already been pointed out,was how to eliminate rust not how to hide it. I cannot believe that rusty panels have a place in a QUALITY restoration no matter if it is inside or outside it is STILL rusty. Clearly rust removal is better than any kind of cover-up and that point should be made when discussing any of these "miracle cures" but unfortunately all too often they are touted as the best way when the right way really would not be all that hard to do.