Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - RUST..What are the acceptable permanent ways to get rid of it?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2004, 03:56 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Thumbs up SURFACE RUST

guys? tisk tisk, (POR-15),(paint over rust),depending on where you are,it is highly available and is fully backed by the manufacturer with a money back guarantee i am a part time salesman of this stuff,its just what you need MARTINSR.My 85 SS Monte had a small surface patch of rust on lower part of the door recently when i repainted it,If you follow EVERY DIRECTION , it will NEVER come back as it seals the rust permenatly from moisture,(POR-15)is basically a 3 part process,clean with the supplied degreaser MARINE CLEAN, then etch with the metal etcher METAL READY leaves a zinc-phosphate coating,dry thouroghly,then paint the POR-15 on the spot,if its an area that will be primed and painted like my doorjamb,the POR-15 will need to be wet sanded,its not easy to sand either,FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS,no sandblasting,no welding,though it is best to remove as much rust as possible but not neccesary!!! e-mail me if you need more info!! OPG sells it,YEAR ONE,and many other places