Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - RUST..What are the acceptable permanent ways to get rid of it?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004, 07:54 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,137 Times in 1,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jessie J.

So again a 'little guy' gets the 'royal welcome'
I really don't understand what you mean, explain
If you mean the little guys don't get serviced while the big guys do, I am sorry, not on my watch. In fact the ONLY time I ever paid for a paint job where it was proven to be an actual product "failure" was to a home hobbyest. I paid him what he asked me for, including labor!

Quote:
We sure could have used you at Fisher during the '80s, when we were having trouble with large areas of paint delaminating and falling off the cars before we could even get them out of the plant.
You could have just whipped out that ol company checkbook and wrote us a $2000 check for each one, nah, better make it $10,000, then we would'nt even have had to sell cars to customers, as you would have been covering our costs.

The point is, with the very best paint experts the industry could supply, a multi-million dollar modern paint shop, and a staff of painting professionals with a combined level of experience equaling thousands of years, 'problems' still can happen, that just writing a check or offering a "lifetime warranty" can not and will not solve.
I have to tell you, there was a LOT of money paid by the paint manufacture to GM, a LOT of money. And why shouldn't it be? I can also say with a good deal of certainty they KNEW what was causing the problem. The challenge was solving the problem under the strict application requirements set by GM.

Last edited by MARTINSR; 11-25-2004 at 11:03 PM.